Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Post Op Day 2: PT Nightmares


   When you mix exhaustion with pain and add a physical therapist into the mix, it's bound to end badly. But let's start with the good. 
   My calf pain is far less bad than yesterday. I can put slight weight on it, so I can get up and down stairs. Let me show you how I got up and down the stairs yesterday: 
Thank you tricep muscles! 

    I didn't sleep well, just due to general discomfort. I get an hour or so here and there at a time. Today PT was at 230 and it was pretty rough. I rode the bike, that felt ok. Then the bending started, and with the bending, the screaming and crying. I'm not much of a wimp but these surgeries have turned me into a complete little bitch. Working on my extension wasn't beautiful but nearly as bad as flexion. But by the end I could get myself to 120 degrees with a strap. 
   They're tossing some muscle relaxers into the mix to see if those help. I've been guarding my knee for so long, I have to retrain my brain and body to relax and trust it. I'm back at it again tomorrow morning, with orders to work on extension while icing and crank the CPM machine up to 120 degrees (I've been doing around 112, pass the pain pills). I'm also cleared for light stretching and sleeping sans immobilizer. I should be completely discharged of the immobilizer tomorrow morning! 
   Trying to stay hopeful, and ahead of the pain, so hopeful and high! 
How to force your knee into extension while icing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment