Sunday, November 23, 2014

Days 3 & 4; It Was All A Blur

   When you are confined to a bed and your biggest accomplishment of the day is putting on clean pajamas, the days start to get tedious. Yesterday (Day 3) I spent most of the day getting extremely necessary sleep. I was in and out of nap time until around 3 pm, when I finally got up to eat crabs. I was quite out of it too, since the day before had been so bad pain wise, I took my pain meds more often and added in more anti-inflammatory meds. Keep in mind, everyone is different and reacts to pain differently so you have to find what works for you within the realm of what is still healthy and doctor approved. I kept cycling on my ice, taking my meds, and slept.
   I did get a small adventure yesterday! My friend Caitlin came to visit, and promptly broke her phone on accident. So into pants I went, crutched out to the car, and rode to verizon to get her a new one. That was about all I had the energy for though so after that, it was back in bed but at least I had company. Today we had breakfast in bed and then another friend drove out to spend the afternoon with me! While I know it's far from exciting for them, it was much appreciated by me! My pain has lessened but I'm still not bearing weight on my leg or getting around well so I'm pretty stuck in one general spot with my leg propped up.
   I tried today to do leg raises, as were prescribed, but with no luck. My leg is simply useless but I'll let it take it's time to heal. It's not radiating as much heat, but there is still a good deal of discomfort around where my stitches are. I'm extremely paranoid about moving my leg wrong and messing my leg up but I think a lot of this is because I can't see anything, and all the feelings are alien. It's extremely hard to find a comfortable position but I'm trying to keep my leg elevated as often as I can. My ankle has now become cankle city; oh there are bones in there still? I'm hoping over the next day or so I can start to bear a bit of weight on my left leg and use the muscles because until then, there's no chance of me getting even a ghetto bath.
   It's a strange sensation, time is passing and day 4 of recovery is already coming to a close but I feel like barely any time has passed. I'm dreading going back to school; Towson is not very handicap accessible with all their hills and stairs but I'll have to find a way to make it work. I can just hope I start improving sooner rather than later. At least I'm enjoying all the sleeping in I've been able to do! But I'm definitely ready to have my knee and leg back to feeling dependable, and bendable!

No comments:

Post a Comment